RULES OF PLAY
- The lottery will take place from July 8th, 2020 - August 31st, 2020 at the Ottawa Humane Society, 245 West Hunt Club, Ottawa, ON, K2E 1A6 and online at www.ottawahumane.ca/5050
- All tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older.
- Tickets are 1 for $10, 3 for $20 or 100 for $50.
- Tickets will be sold using electronic raffle system supplied by Canadian Bank Note.
- The draw dates will take place on:
- Main 50/50 draw: September 4th at 1pm at the Ottawa Humane Society. Ticket purchases must be made no later than 11:59pm on August 31, 2020 in order to be eligible for this main 50/50 draw.
One secondary prize valued at $300 will be drawn on September 4th at 1pm at the Ottawa Humane Society. Ticket purchases must be made no later than 11:59pm on August 31, 2020 in order to be eligible for this secondary prize draw.
Two Early bird prizes of $1,000: Will be drawn on July 17 and August 7 at 1:00pm at the Ottawa Humane Society. Ticket purchases must be made no later than 11:59pm on July 16th 2020 for the July 17th draw and no later than 11:59pm on August 6th for the August 7th draw, in order to be eligible for the two early bird draws. The winners of these draw are put back in the main draw to be eligible for the grand prize.
- After buying, patrons will be given by the sellers a receipt with their 50/50 registered numbers. from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
- The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw.
- The amount of the 50/50 will be monitored on website, and will be 50% of the total sales for that draw.
- The winning number will be announced on website, social media channels and in print on site. The winner will also be contacted directly by a representative from the Ottawa Humane Society by phone and/or email.
- The winner may claim their prize by contacting the Ottawa Humane Society at: (613) 725-3166 x299, or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org . The ticket may then be brought to 245 West Hunt Club Road, Ottawa, ON, at an agreed upon time for ticket verification. The winner will then be awarded the prize amount by cheque. Winners must have the original winning ticket and no copies. All payments will be made by cheque.
- The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchased for.
- The winner must provide photo identification and verify their phone number and address in order to claim their prize.
- Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that draw. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
- In the event that no winner comes forward, the winning stub will kept in a safety deposit box and held for 6 months. After that time period has elapsed the prize will be donated back to the Ottawa Humane Society, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
- Ticket purchasers must be located in the province of Ontario at the time of purchase.
- The above set of rules will be posted at each event.
Ontario Problem Gaming Helpline (1-888–230–3505)